Friday, July 24, 2009

July 24 - Shane's WOD

Main page:
"Lynne"
5 rounds for max reps:
Bodyweight bench-press
Pull-Ups

Karen did this WOD with me, she scaled the bench press to 95# for the first round and then 85# every round after that.

I hopped on the bathroom scale just before starting this WOD and I was at 171#. The closest I can get to that without going under with my weight assortment is 175#. So I did the whole thing with 175#.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BUTTERFLY KIP, GET ONE!

BP/PU
Shane:
23/51
15/33
12/31
9/27
8/25
Totals = 67/167
Score = 234

Karen:
5/10
8/8
6/4
8/5
6/5
Totals = 33/32
Score = 65

Amazing job done by Karen, she continues to impress me! Our hands hurt like a biznitch. But I love that WOD! and it does hurt!

I don't know how to embed video, but here is a link to the video of my set of 51 pull-ups. It's not pretty but I get them done. My butterfly kip is usually much smoother than this and for some reason I lost it somewhere in the 20's and then had to pick it back up before finishing out with regular kips. My butterfly got much more efficient in the later sets, but hey, I'll take it. If I just smooth my kip out somemore, I think I have a little more in me. Keep in mind I had just done 23 reps of body weight benchpress. I would really like to try to max rep set when fresh sometime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz3OJ0u-7LA

No comments:

Post a Comment