Monday, July 20, 2009

July 20 - Shane's WOD

Main page: Run 5k.

Yeah, that sucked.

Without getting into all the details...this is the first time I ever tried running with my ipod. I loved being plugged into some motivational music, but it also came with some technical difficulties of headphones coming out of my ears and coming unplugged from the ipod. I had to completely stop on two different occasions during the first 2k or so. I finally figured out the best way to have it rigged up by about halfway through the run. All in all, I am guessing this cost me 2-3 minutes. Which makes me feel a little better about my time of 27:56. I was really feeling the filthy fifty in my legs this morning, but hey, that is the name of the game. I have to take this time with a grain of salt for a number of reasons, not to mention that I don't even really know the exact distance of the path I ran. I have measured it with my car and using yahoo maps, but that is hardly an exact science and I am pretty sure that I probably ran something a little longer than a 5k.

Either way, I hate running, but I am going to keep pushing it to get better. I am not going to lie and say that I had fun running, but the music helped, and every time I do it, it gets a little easier. And I can't even remember the last time a ran more than a mile at a time.

If I continue to enjoy running with music I am probably going to get some different headphones and a smaller more lightweight ipod that I will use just for WOD. All it takes is $, right?

I am glad I got it behind me for the day. I get to rest tonight in anticipation of what the main page will throw at me for tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Get the Nano with the standard earpieces. I have a strap that attached to my upper arm. You can borrow mine to test it out. I love it for running. Weighs almost nothing and holds 200 songs.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont use the standard ear pieces. They suck, Mark just has a funny shaped head.

    ReplyDelete