Thursday, August 6, 2009

August 6 - Shane's WOD


Davey getting some pvc cleans!

7x1 Snatch:

I don't even want to get into all of the failures. There was a lot of them. It was a very frustrating session. 175-185fail-185-then multitudes of failures at 195 and 190. I was SOOO CLOSE! I just kept trying and trying because it was so close, when I probably should have gone back down and got a few more 185s and 175s, but I was being hard headed. It was very frustrating. Finished up by racking out a set of 5 x 135 to make myself feel good. But I was so smoked at that point it was actually not that easy and didn't make me feel good at all.

Next, was 65 reps fast as possible (no clock) of switch-L-towel-Pull-ups. First off, that was the plan but I VASTLY underestimated the difficulty of those bad boys. I did 23 of them and then I decided I had enough. I finished out the remaining 42 reps with regular L-Pull-ups which by this point was quite a challenge.

All in all, it was one of those days I should have taken off. I was frustrated and irritated most of the WOD. Really glad that tomorrow is a rest day.

Karen did 21-15-9, pull-ups and knees-to-elbows. Followed by some L-sit intervals.

1 comment:

  1. last time I checked 175 was body weight for you. And last time I checked that is an elite weight in CrossFit.

    And yes those pullups sounded brutal but you got some work done...good enough

    ReplyDelete