Sunday, August 2, 2009

August 2 - Shane's WOD

How lucky am I? So lucky that today's main page WOD was doable at my Parent's place with no scaling required.

Well, leave it to me to scale a Hero WOD anyway...scale it UP. No one ever said I was real smart.

"J.T."
21-15-9 reps of:
Handstand push-ups
Ring dips
Push-ups

In honor of Navy Petty Officer 1st Class Jeff Taylor, 30, of Little Creek, VA who was killed in Afghanistan in 2005.

Being the genius I am I decided to do the handstand push-ups on paralettes with about a 2" negative head check. I will now admit that this was a mistake as it slowed me down badly. I cannot overstate how smoked this gets your chest, shoulders and triceps. I couldn't do any of the push-ups sets straight through...that's how ugly it got. All push-ups were chest to floor.

My time: 11:34, ouch.

Karen did this scaled with self assist semi-handstand push-ups using a truck tailgate, paralette dips with her heels up on about 15" high surface and non-chest to floor real push-ups.

Again, she impresses me: 7: 21.

I then "cooled down" with five ~50m sprints, some light stretching and some jump rope.

Then, horse poop scoop, stall rake, paddocks scrape, rake, sweep for time. This experience of house sitting for my Parents continues to open my eyes to how hard they have to work to take care of these horses and keep this place so nice. Props to my Mom and Dad!

By the way, I replaced my size 43 Vibram sprints with some size 42 Vibram KSO's. They fit perfectly. I love them so far. My old sprints have been washed and will now be used for going places, running errands, etc and I still really like them and they are very comfortable, but still a touch to big for WODing. Oddly enough the size 42 sprints were way too tight, but the size 42 KSO's are perfect.

Rest day tomorrow! I will use this time to assemble my rower and re-organize my garage gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment