Friday, August 14, 2009

August 14 - Shane's WOD

Main page: 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 Front Squats

225-245-255-265-255-255-255

I did this at 5:30am and was really pressed for time so I couldn't get warmed up properly and then couldn't take sufficient rest between lifts. So these loads are not very representative of my true 1RM, but for that early in the morning and just rushing through it, I was pretty happy.

When I was done I had about 5 minutes to spare so I did a little extra work to top off this series of WODs before heading into my 5 days off that start tomorrow:

5-5-5-5-5 Standing Press

135-125-115-105-95

I torched through these, only taking as much time between sets as required to change the weight. Obviously I can lift much more than this weight-wise, but that was not my goal, I planned the 10 lbs reduction each round ahead of time so I could make it metcon-ish and really get my blood pumping as well as get some good press work in.

Finally, with 95# left on the bar I grabbed a quick set of 10 reps thrusters.

Great morning. I got this all done from start to finish in about 20 minutes. I am really looking forward to my vacation and time off from WOD to relax and get all nice and healed up and covored. I will not post another WOD until my first day back in action which is planned for August 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment