Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August 11 - Shane's WOD

Four rounds, each for time of:
800 meter run
Rest as needed between efforts.

Brutal. It is just so damn hot here right now. I did this at about 85%...for two reasons: I was sick just yesterday and didn't want to push it and I intend to make this day 1 of 4 straight days of WOD before my vacation time off this weekend and the begining of next week.

3:11
3:15
3:21
3:43

I am okay with these times considering I didn't go all out. But I am capable of MUCH better. Just not on this day.

3 comments:

  1. Dude. Those look like good times to me especially coming off being sick. Keep it up. I just had a discussion with friend of mine about crossfit. His argument was that it doesn't build strength. I got on my soap box and probobly sounded like an asshole but it's just amazing how stubborn people can be even though they have proof that it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How the heck did this friend come to that conclusion. This is the most functional strength I've ever had and its all due to crossfit. Most people don't have the ability for even one second to step outside of their everday paradigms and accept the fact that what worked for Arnold Swartzeneger in the sixties and seventies is not going to work for them. Unfortunately sheep follow the pack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks dude. I really should be sub 3 minutes on at least two of those runs though when not sickly. I held back on purpose because I am still not 100% and still pretty congested.

    To say CrossFit doesn't build strength is simply an ignorant statement. It may not be the best way to build strictly strength and strength only, but it will certainly make you stronger where it counts.

    ReplyDelete