Thursday, August 13, 2009

August 13 - Shane's WOD

Main page: Pull-Up Ladder aka Death by Pull-Ups

17 rounds plus 11 reps

I ripped my hand open during the 15 set. It was all fingertip pull-ups after that. This all but eliminated my kip and completely eliminated my butterfly kip and slowed me down badly. Between that and attempting to quickly tape my hand, things went down hill quickly. Oh well, I need to figure out what I am doing wrong with taking care of my hands. I am ripping all the time. Didn't even start to feel fatigue at all until about the 14 set. I have low to mid 20s in me easy if I can keep my hands healthy. I will just have to start taping my hands ahead of time like I did for "Lynne" a few weeks ago, which worked well.

Didn't feel like I did enough after this so I made up a quick one:
21-15-9
Double Unders
GHD Sit-Ups

This was fast and furious. Didn't time myself, but I got through it pretty quickly. All in all it was a pretty good day other than the rip.

Life goes on. Hopefully tomorrow's WOD is easy on the hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment