Sunday, February 7, 2010

Feb 5 - Shane & Ben's WOD

Well, I (Shane) am in Albuquerque hanging with the Abruzzo family.  Ben is on custom OPT programming, so I just joined in on that.

5-4-3-2-1 Front Squats
+
5x18 chest to bar pull ups
+
10 minute AMRAP power snatches 95# Ben, 115# me

Front Squats:
Ben: 185-195-205(2)-205-225
Shane: 225-235-245-255-275 and I could have gone heavier.  Previous PR was 265 and I hadn't tested it in forever, so I didn't know what to expect.  The 275 lift was cake, felt great.

CTB PU:
Ben: Unbroken on sets 1, 2 & 4.  Broke at 15 on sets 3 & 5.
Shane: Unbroken through 4 sets.  Hand tear at rep 14 on set 5.
We were taking little to no rest between sets because we were running out of time, which made this damn tough.

And we just ran out of time for the 3rd part of the WOD.  Ben had to get to work, I was going with him and we were behind schedule.  I believe it is Ben's intention to add the missed part as a double on his next WOD.

As for me...let me cry on your shoulder a little bit.  My hand rip is BAD.  It is in 3 places on my left hand and I have real concerns about getting it back to normal before the sectionals.  I am considering buying a small dremel tool so I can file my calluses flat and get my hands back to normal.  Additionally, on the Big Dawgs WOD from a few days ago with all the GHRs at the end, I did some real damage to my hamstrings, I think I have a mild pull or strain in my right hammie, it just won't loosen up and has me very concerned.  And my old right elbow injury is flaring back up and has me very unhappy, I think I tweaked it during a hang squat clean a few weeks ago and all the pull ups and cleans have not let it heal fully.  I really hate to miss training days this close to the sectionals.  But I have to be smart.  I am going to rest until probably Thursday the 11th.  Take that time to heal up and work on my hands.

I hate it, but it is what it is and I know my body is asking me to let it heal.  So, I will be back on here around the 11th depending on the Big Dawgs schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment