Monday, February 15, 2010

Feb 12, 13 & 14 - Shane's WODs

Feb 12:
Run Escalating Sprints:
[10 sec @ 70-100%, walk rest 1:50 x 5] rest 5 min x 3
(15 total sets for each group, escalating runs means starting at 3 point position, and increasing speed per sec until almost max effort last few seconds; it is not a sprint start but increasing; warm up really well for sprinters)
No hard data.  Karen and I suffered through this in ~40deg weather.  Tough WOD, but fun and different.  Had the legs sore for a while.

Feb 13:
"Rest Day".  And by rest day, I mean I spent the day building fence.  Digging post holes 4+ft deep, carry concrete bags etc.  Did a couple of inpromptu "sand bag" run WODs for fun.  Good stuff.

Feb 14:
Spent first 2/3 of day building fence.  Then:

"Nodar" (R.I.P. 1988-2010)
3 rounds for time:
35 DB Dead Lifts - 75#/h,50#/h
Row 1K
50 knees to elbows

DB's must touch floor at bottom
knees have to hit elbows at top of K2E

Tough WOD.  Was not even breathing hard at the end because my grip was failing to the point that I couldn't push myself hard enough.  And with the nearly 10ft high pull up bar, the fear of K2E kipping myself on to the back of my head was a factor in not wanting to push it too hard.  Very frustrating.  The fence building fatigue was definitely a factor.  But was great training.  35.55 rx'd.  Karen did this as well and did a great job.

Side note:  I forget to mention this as often as I should.  Mostly because I am an asshole I guess.  Karen has been following OPT Big Dawgs right along side me since I started it...rx'd.  She is doing a great job and increasing her abilities everyday and working just as hard as me.  I know she is nervous about the sectionals, but she is training hard and will do great.  I am so proud of her progress and cannot wait to see where all this hard work takes her.  It is going to be so awesome to be able to share the sectionals experience with Karen and regardless of how either of us do at the competition, it will make us stronger in every way, as individuals and as a couple.  Get some!

No comments:

Post a Comment