Friday, June 19, 2009

Shane June 19-20

19th - WOD for the day: water skiing with the family. Rental boat...rental skis = not that great of a situation. Still had a great time though and got some decent exercise getting drug behind the boat while the ski refused to surface but I fought the good fight and got up once but was smoked by the time I finally got up. Fortunately, I had borrowed my buddy Patrick's wakeboard and when I finally decided to get on it (I used to hate wakeboarding) I had a blast. Definitely inhaled too much lake water though. All in all, a fun day with a little moderate exercise built in.

20th - Pouring concrete at my parent's place. Should be about 50ish of 80lbs bags. So, getting some more valuable cross-training lifting, carrying, pouring, mixing, wheelbarrowing & dumping concrete...in 100+ degree temps. Gotta love it.

Sunday the 21st will probably be a rest day...we'll see what I got left in the tank by then.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time. Have a cold one after the concrete tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Sunday the 21st is definitely gonna be a rest day. Ended up being 63 - 80# bags of concrete and it was unbelievably hot yesterday. Today is all about rest and recovery.

    ReplyDelete