Saturday, June 27, 2009

June 27 - CrossFit Houston Summer Challenge


I suck and quite frankly I am a litte embarrassed. Not so much because my performance was so terrible, but because I am capable of so much better. Had a really off day and just felt zapped as soon as I started the WODs, no energy, no gas tank. For starters, here are the WODs from the competition:

WOD #1 (12 minute cut-off):
21/15/9
Row for calories
225# deadlifts
Lateral Burpees

WOD #2 (15 minute cut-off):
5 rounds for time:
20# wall ball shots, 30 reps
95# sumo deadlift high pulls, 7 reps

I barely completed each WOD within the allowed time. After much thought and conversation with family and friends I have decided that I overtrained badly since the qualifiers. But not in the traditional sense. I think I started taking my traning a little too seriously and I lost sight of why I started all of this in the first place...it is fun. Training hasn't felt fun for weeks and when you add that to the fact that I was doing two-a-days 5 days a week trying to turn into a badass over night...it caught up with me this week and I had some of my worst performances since I first started CrossFitting. I can make all the excuses in the world, but at the end of the day I did it to myself through poor training methods and additudes. I am going to take some time off, reevaluate my training plan, get some rest, get my head on straight and be back better than ever. I am actually glad this happened because I feel I have learned a valuable lesson that will pay off as I move forward in preparing for next years qualifiers.

I'll be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment