Sunday, December 13, 2009

Dec 13 - Shane's WOD

Couldn't decide what I wanted to do today, so I decided to make it a Hopper Deck day.  Shuffled the cards and picked one...

Shane:
30 muscle-ups for time
10:48
Very pathetic effort.  I stalled out badly in the teens and started have multiple failures.  I figured out around rep 20 that strategically starting with a false grip muscle up for each "set" works much better for me sense I have to come off of the rings regularly anyway.  I got through the last 10 much quicker than I did the middle 10 because I went to a false grip.  Next time I will start with a false grip and I feel it will make a huge impact on my time for this WOD.  Lesson learned.  Non-false grip muscle-ups are good to have in your arsenal, but you should start each "set" with the false grip as it makes the move more efficient, especially when fatigue has reduced you to singles.

Karen:
Row 2k for time
9:19
Great job Karen!  She really needs to work on fully extending the legs/hips before engaging her arms, but she is getting there and did a great job going hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment