Monday, September 7, 2009

September 7 - Shane's WOD

AM - Main page from yesterday:
6 rounds for time:
400m run
25 burpees (had to hit a target at the top of each jump that was set at 1ft above my reach)
Didn't set a clock, but went hard. Didn't end up being quite as bad as I thought, but I definitely am not looking forward to ever doing it again.

PM - Main page from today:
"CrossFit Total" = 870
1RM back squat = 295-315-325PR
1PM shoulder press = 155-165x-160
1RM dead lift = 345-385PR-375

I followed exact protocol on this WOD. Only 3 attempts per lift, etc...followed CrossFit journal rules, wanted to keep it as accurate as possible.

A few notes: I have much left in my back squat, I am just afraid to push it too hard without a cage or any kind of spotters. I also now have much left in my dead lift, but 385 is all I could get on the bar with my bumpers, I had a tape a 5lbs plate onto the ends. I am not sure what is wrong with my shoulder press. I have done more than this in the past, it just isn't there anymore. My left shoulder started hurting after the first lift, 165 was just not going to happen. I plan to focus on this lift in the future. All in all, I am happy, especially considering 2PRs on the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment