Thursday, April 8, 2010

Alright, let's get caught up...Shane thru April 7, 2010

Sectionals, then Mom's B-day Party, then moving to Albuquerque, then getting settled in the new house...been stupid busy.  Took some time off from working out.  Started back up on April 2.  I'm going to run through this real quick...

April 2 - "Tabata Something Else".
I didn't count my reps, not worth the hassle.  Was my first WOD at the new altitude.  Definitely felt it.

April 3 - Run 1600 meters, Rest 3 minutes, Run 1200 meters, Rest 2 minutes, Run 800 meters, Rest 1 minute, Run 400 meters.
This sucked.  Really felt the altitude and REALLY felt the steep inclines that are here in Albuquerque that I am not used to being from the flatlands of Texas.  I'll get used to it.  Didn't really do that great of timing myself.  All runs were done at ~8 minute pace.

April 4 - 10 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks, 1 Weighted pull-up, 9 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks, 2 Weighted pull-ups, 8 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks, 3 Weighted pull-ups, 7 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks, 4 Weighted pull-ups, 6 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks, 5 Weighted pull-ups, 5 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks, 6 Weighted pull-ups, 4 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks, 7 Weighted pull-ups, 3 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks, 8 Weighted pull-ups, 2 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks, 9 Weighted pull-ups, 1 Dumbbell Clean & Jerks, 10 Weighted pull-ups.
The squat cleans were awful.  I did this with 52.5# dumbells and a 45# weightvest.  Time was 25:18.  Slow and painful.  The pull-ups were easy, all unbroken through 7, then only one break in the remaining sets.

April 5 - Rest day

April 6 - Overhead Squat 5-5-5-5-5 reps.
Did this with Ben and we both PR'd.  I was at 135-155-175-205-225(4).  So I have a new 5RM of 205# and a new 3RM of 225#.  Can't remember Ben's numbers exactly...post 'em up bro!

April 7 - For time: Row 500 meters, 150 Double-unders, 50 Burpees.
11:06.  The burpees killed me.  I was at 6 minutes after the DU's then I cratered.  Blood taste in the mouth, the whole deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment