Monday, January 4, 2010

Shane through Jan 4

Alright, this is my first post since Dec 20.  Let's see if I can get caught up...

I'm embarrased to say that I can't remember what I did on Dec 21 & 22...I know that I exercised one of those days, the 22nd I think.  Oh well, it has been a nice vacation.

I took some much needed rest time from exercising as well as my diet.  Just kind of cut-loose for a while.  I have also been on vacation from work from Dec 24 until my first day back, today Jan 4.

So, I rested Dec 23 through the 28.

Dec 29 - SMA Awareness WOD "Bugaboo": 200 thrusters for time (75/45)
This was an amazing day.  I tried my hardest to spread ourselves around Houston on this day, but we only ended up making it to CrossFit Champions for the AM WODs and to Bayou City CrossFit for the PM WODs.  I did the 8:30am WOD at Champions with a 21:23.  Karen did the 9:30 WOD at Champions at a time of around 20 minutes...I can't remember exactly, but she did great.  After a little mid-day rest we head back out to Bayou City for the 4pm, 5pm & 6pm WODs.  I decided to do the WOD for a second time at 4pm, this time I did a 24:41.  Saw some amazing things and some amazing performances on this day.  The CrossFit community is amazing.  I was sore (kind of still am) for over 3 days.

Then took some more rest, especially since I could barely walk from "Bugaboo".  Rested Dec 30 throuh Jan 1.

First day back at it, Jan 2, starting up on OPT's training blog (two days behind):
3 sets:
12 SDLHP - 125#/80#
Row 90 sec @ 90% effort
rest 2 min
+
3 sets:
12 db thrusters - 35/20#/h
AMRAP Double Unders in 60 sec
rest 2 min
+
3 rounds as fast as you can:
20 box jumps unbroken - 20/14"
25 sit ups

Everything was done unbroken except double unders.  My 90 sec rows all came in at around the 410-420m range.  My double unders were 20, 35 and 38 respectively for the 3 sets.  OPT said no time on the last couplet.  Great workout.

Jan 3:
A. Build quickly to a tough but not 1RM in the Power Clean - take no more than 7 minutes; rest 60 sec ONLY after last set before B
B. 1-10 CTB chin up ladder for time; rest 60 sec before C
C. AMRAP DB Burpees in 2 minutes - 25/15#/h

work on speed through the middle for the PC: 135-135-225-235-245-255PR
risk failure on the CTB chin ups in late sets = 4:26, all sets unbroken
chest to deck on ALL burpees, even with DB's; jump with arms at sides and DB's in hand = 24 reps

I know I was not supposed to PR on the power clean, but honestly, it never felt like a max.  I stopped at 255 because I ran out of time and it felt like around a 90% effort lift.

Jan 4: following the schedule from OPT, today the 4th will be a rest day.  Back at it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment