Friday, January 29, 2010

Jan 28 - Shane's WOD

A. Dead Lift - build to a heavy triple quickly; rest and then take no more than 3 more sets to build to a heavy but not 1RM; rest as needed b/t 1's
B1. Press Cluster - 1.1.1.1.1 x 5; rest 120 sec
B2. KBS - 21 unbroken x 5 sets; rest 120 sec
C. DB External Rotation - 4-7/arm x 3 sets; rest 45 sec b/t arms
cluster - perform 1 rep, unload and rack weight for 10 sec, reload and perform another rep..for five reps total per set; weight should be just higher than your regular 5RM press overhead

A. 345x3, 355x3, 365x3, 375x1, 385x1, 400x1 (400 is a PR, but didn't feel anywhere near a max effort, it has been a while since I worked a 1RM on deads)
B1. 135 straight through.  Not sure how I missed it but I didn't see the 10 second thing so I was taking only about 3-5 seconds between reps on the cluster.
B2. 2 pood straight through.  Got challenging toward the end but probably could have gone a little heavier but 2 pood is my biggest KB.
C. These were strange as I had never done them before. 20x7, 22.5x7, 25x7 all both arms.

This was exactly my style of workout.  I loved every minute from start to finish.

Did a few hundred (I know it was too much, my shins are killing me) double unders during my warm up again.  My goal was to get an unbroken set of 35.  It took a while.  I ended up figuring out that I had my rope a little too short.  Made an adjustment and during my cool down I hit a set of 35 first try.  All that pain and agony over the last few weeks and it was a simple rope adjustment issue.  Bad news, I'm a dumbass; good news, my double unders now appear to be fixed.

Look like a rest day on Friday the 29th and then a single on the 30th and 31st.  I will also be building fence with my Dad on Saturday and Sunday, so I will be squeezing my WODs in at the end of the day after working.  Get some!

No comments:

Post a Comment