Thursday, October 22, 2009

Shane through 10/23


Davey getting some squats.

Oh man, what a crazy week it has been so far.  Let me catch up one more time and then I will get back on daily posts.

First off, the olympic lifting cert was awesome.  I had no idea just how little I knew, and after 2 days of Coach B's teaching, I still don't know it all, but I know a lot more.  I can't wait to integrate what I have learned into my lifts.  It was awesome to have Ben, Tasha and Wyatt in town and me and Ben had a kick ass road trip to San Antonio.  My hats off to Coach Burgener, his staff, Alamo CrossFit and the CrossFit community.  One of the best weekends I have had in a while, but man, it left me exhausted.  I just now feel normal this morning.  And I (We) am now a CrossFit Olympic Lifting Certified Instructor.  That rules.

Oct 19 - Rest and recovery day.  I was smoke from the cert and from abundant amounts of booze.

Oct 20 - "Tabata Something Else", Didn't keep score, just got some.  Did the pull-ups all dead hang until I couldn't do them anymore and then started kipping.

Oct 21 - Four Rounds: Row 500m, 24" box jumps - 30 reps, 25# dumbell thrusters - 30 reps.  I made this one up and man it was a ball smoker.  Kicked my ass bad.  Can't tell you how many times I almost ate the jump box.  Didn't keep time because I figured it didn't matter, just give it your best, and I did.

Oct 22 - Today I am going to do 7x1 weighted pull-ups.  I just got back from purchasing one of those belts designed to hang weights from for dips and pull-ups.  We will see how it goes.  My PR from last time was 115#.  I will post my results tonight after I get it done.

Oct 23 - Rest day and hopefully I will be able to get the lawn done.

After this I will be back on mainpage, running one full 4 day rotation behind.  Life sure is getting busy and crazy.  I hope I can keep up!

2 comments:

  1. 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 Weighted Pull-Ups: 120-120-122.5(PR)-120-120-115-115.

    Finished up with: 15-10-5: 45# standing press, 45# weighted pull-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 122 is rediculus. Yes I can't spell. You are a BEAST. That is another person.

    ReplyDelete